Noise killer blanket users, your experience?

Marco

Hi,

Question for Noise Killer engine blanket users.. I did buy a blanket back in 2006. It did not last and ended up into a bag of lead fragments. Just wondering if there are more users who experienced a similar problem, heat and vibration breaking the lead sandwich into pieces (which sounds very logically to me). The manufacturer says they have never heard about it before... Any feedback available?

Cheers

Marco

to be honest i think your soundproofing efforts are best spent elsewhere. money might be better spent ensuring everything else is up to scratch, particularly air tightness before laying out for another engine blanket.

I did :-) Spent a lot of energy on taking out drumming panel noise + fitted professional foams. I do rate the vehicle as "relatively" silent.

Enclosed some pictures of my blanket, still looking for other user experiences.

post-2702-065956500 1284627403_thumb.jpg post-2702-066991900 1284627518_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marco

The best thing I did to reduce noise, was to have mine Remapped. Did not do it for this, but was a nice extra.

I have seen the sound covers, but did not like the idea due to any heat build up.

Andy

On my 200Tdi there have been no heat issues at all, actually a bit to my surprise as I was concerned about it when I did buy that blanket. My vehicle (heavy 130) has only been running hot in the Alpes due to running it without the visco fan but not because of the blanket.

Not much repmapping on a 200Tdi :)

Cheers

Marco