Heavy clutch

lough90

I have just had a clutch and flywheel replaced in my td5 (99) and now find that the clutch is very heavy and I can now feel all the gears when driving. I have also had both the master and slave cylinder replaced but this has not resolved the issue.

Any advise would be welcomed

Richard......

Has the stiff clutch only occurred since it was replaced? I take it you mean pedal pressure, does the clutch drag and bite immediateley you start to lift the pedal?

Les.

Yes the clutch pedal is heavy only after the clutch was replaced. The clutch was dragging and I couldn't get the gears so the garage replaced the master cylinder and slave cylinder which has made the pedal better but still heavy and the gears are better but not like they used to be like. I have had the car for 6 years and all of a sudden thing are failing at once and I think it may be time to get a new one......