Courtesy Light worries

Pollarhullar

I have a 93 classic. On two occasions this week when I have parked and locked up, the interior light along with the courtesy lights in the doors (white & red) have failed to extinguish after 10 or so seconds as is the norm. I had in the end to take the fuse out of the dash as it was too late to be looking for a remedy. It has since rectified itself twice, but again has failed to go out after locking the doors. I am asking if anyone can put me in the right direction. Incidentally, of relevance is the fact we have had some heavy rain of late.

Err I had something similar. The interior light came on one day then just stayed on. I was late so I had to leave it, forgeting it would go out in 10 minutes.

Well I had no interior light for a year and no rear wash wipe either. I swapped the MFU twice, ran the diagnostic on it only to find all the door switches were A-Ok.

Long story short it was the alarm unit, it still worked fine but was shorting out the interior lights. If I pulled the fuse it all started again ie light on for 10 minutes then never again.

Now given they sit under the dash near where all RRC leak, it's got to be worth a look. LHS on a soft dash classic, bolted to the relay tray. Above the steering cooumn on a hard dash, somewhere, not sure where.

Err I had something similar. The interior light came on one day then just stayed on. I was late so I had to leave it, forgeting it would go out in 10 minutes.

Well I had no interior light for a year and no rear wash wipe either. I swapped the MFU twice, ran the diagnostic on it only to find all the door switches were A-Ok.

Long story short it was the alarm unit, it still worked fine but was shorting out the interior lights. If I pulled the fuse it all started again ie light on for 10 minutes then never again.

Now given they sit under the dash near where all RRC leak, it's got to be worth a look. LHS on a soft dash classic, bolted to the relay tray. Above the steering cooumn on a hard dash, somewhere, not sure where.

This all adds up, I fogot to say that the rear wipe only worked on 'wash wipe' also. Will be looking for this unit. Mine is a hard dash model, so should be interesting! Many thanks

Edited by V8 Freak
Merge two posts into one