park brake not working

hello all

i got my 1993 defender 90 200tdi up on the lift to find out why the park brake dont work

found out that when the lever is pulled its twisting a bracket and not pulling out the bit that opens the shoes because there are some bolts missing

the bracket needs to be fixed on the end of the transfer box but theres no bolt holes, there is bold holes on the side of the box but the bracket cant fit there

is there summin bent or incorrect with the setup i have

DSCF4401.jpg

DSCF4402.jpg

i had a look under a c reg 110 and that has the same bracket set up with screws on the back of the box

would love a x brake but dont have the cash at the mo for one

other way is wot i did on my 200tdi disco was put the 300tdi type brake and get rid of the linkage one

im bodging summin for the mot tomorrow so we c if it fails on lots of other things i decide wot i do with it as i had to weld up all outriggers

hello all

i got my 1993 defender 90 200tdi up on the lift to find out why the park brake dont work

found out that when the lever is pulled its twisting a bracket and not pulling out the bit that opens the shoes because there are some bolts missing

the bracket needs to be fixed on the end of the transfer box but theres no bolt holes, there is bold holes on the side of the box but the bracket cant fit there

is there summin bent or incorrect with the setup i have

DSCF4401.jpg

DSCF4402.jpg

If the bracket you have covers the two holes, you could drill it to suit them. Spacers

would probably be needed between the bracket and t/box. I had to do this when I fitted

a Disco t/box. That didn't have the bolt holes on the rear face.

ive dun it now

i got a bit of 20x20 angle and fitted it then welded nuts to that angle so i can bolt the plate on to the nuts as it needed a bit of a spacing, park brake now works, just hope it holds for mot then i go and see my mate neb and nick sum parts from him lol