04 auto td5 brakes

big ives

i hope i can describe the problem correctly

on my 04 disco td5 auto when i press the brake for the first time i have good brakes however sometimes when i ease off the brakes and then press again the pedal only goes half travel and appears to be hard. if i lift off the pedal quickly and repress the brakes everything is ok? this only happens sometimes, more so when the brakes have been used a few times.

i have replaced all the pads, checked the pistons all move in the calipers, bleed the system but the problem is still here.

what else can i check?

many thanks ivan

In that case i would find someone close enough to you with diagnostics to test out the ABS system....also check out the vacuum pump on the brake system on the front of the alternator.

will get it on the heart machine and see what if anything is wrong with the ABS

will also look at the vacuum pump.

many thanks

many thanks everyone all sorted

checked all the vac pipes and found one split. it was one of the small pipes, as i had removed the EGR i followed the TD5 link and aslo removed the wiring connectors

took the disco out for a test drive OMG what a differents to the brakes, tested them until they where hot but was still able to stop yessssssssssssssssssss