MOT this afternoon

leon_81

It's booked in for 3:30 - I'm leaving work at 12 to try and sort a couple of last minute things:

1) Tail lights in bumper (300Tdi) need to replace smashed bulbs and stick on some lens repair tape - I assume this will be ok for MOT?

2) Wind out steering stops a bit to prevent front tyres catching arms

3) Try and get the bloody washer jets to work properly - corroded I think

4) Try and clear it out a bit before the smoke test as it hasn't been used for over a month!

I've given it a general check and I can't see anything obvious - it's pretty solid from what I can see

Will update later with the results - hopefully it won't be a massive fail (if it is there may be some spares for sale soon!)

Good luck with the test.

I had mine last month on my disco and I was sure she would fail. She did but only on a numberplate bulb and a spot of welding on the naster brake servo, had the garage do the repairs and I was able to pick the car up the same day, very relieved to have it out of the way. The MOT has to be the most stresful thung a landrover owner can do.

Well I didn't make it to the MOT...

Decided to try and change the vacuum pump before hand as it was leaking - took an age to get the old one out, then couldn't get the new one in! I guess the engine needs to be turned over a bit to allow the 'ram' to seat properly?

Also, fitted a tail light bulb in the rear bumper and the stupid thing still won't light up - so I guess there is a wiring issue there somewhere that I need to look into

So going to have to try and sort it all this weekend and then try and get it booked in somewhere again next weekend

Hi, i took mine for the mot last weekend, failed,doh, spent the last few days with the welder,fortunately we had some dry days so my deluxe open air workshop was ok, my discovery has quite a lot of new metal in it now, and a new rear body cross member, but the rear door opens and shuts now and best of all, today got a nice new mot cert,very pleased.Good luck with yours.

Well, with a little help from a friend turning the engine via the alternator pully I finally managed to replace the vac pump - fingers crossed the brakes work properly now!

I also sorted out my rear lights, and at the last minute remembered to add some rear reflectors (as the bumper corners have both come off!) I re-used the reflectors off those - stuck them under the rear lights with some silicone!

So, just steering stops to adjust and it's MOT ready again... I hope!

Good luck.

My new to me 1997 300 passed the NI MOT last Sat. (With a pile of welding having been done) Bought it with a failed MOT and long welding list, plus the holes I found.

I find if it's a vehicle your going to keep it pays to keep an eye on it throughout the year. I have my 1990 200 5 years, 110 7 years, and RR 5 years.

;);)