water leak

bushwhacker

Hi. I seem to loose the heating in my 200 and 300 Disco,s from a leak around the water pump gasket. Is this a common thing with a leaky water pump gasket. It seems to cure when I top up the expansion tank.

Yes I do need to sort out the gaskets and I will. I've been genning up with the tech arc.

:rolleyes:

Can someone put this in the Disco area please. :ph34r:

Edited by bushwhacker

I had a similar leak which seemed to be the gasket but further examonation it turned out to be a hair line crack in the plastic filler nut on top of the casting, it took me weeks to pin point it. I must have been over enthusiast tightening it up after bleeding the air out.

Dave

Yes you have to look hard it is very slight.

As to your clutch I had the same thing no leaks and clutch going further down until I lost it completely if yours is the same as 300Tdi you may find that the clutch lever fulcum post has bored a hole through lever,wonderful,added to which the new lever is the same as the` old one and mine is 12 years old no mod. Hope it isn't good luck

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, how are you doing.

Just got round to stripping down to do the p gasket on the 300tdi, well forced to do it as it popped a frost/core plug, middle one behind the manifold so off it had to come. :ph34r: Not to hard to do very good tec bit on here really helped.

I have read it might be an idea to do all the frost/core plugs but they look ok so I may leave them.

Should I put some thread lock on the new plug.

Will the water pump and p gasket need instant gasket on them all so to help prevent further leaks? Do I put it on both sides.

Advice please.