Discovery Blower Motor

marty1a

OK stripped the dash out today, motor has had it.

Where is the best place to get one from? Had a quick google and they seem to be near or around the £200 mark for a wee motor? or is that the whole housing???

Also I need the housing as 2 of the flaps are broken and controls as the cable had seized a few yrs back so while the dash is out I may as well replace it all.

Marty

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=62485&view=getnewpost&hl=&fromsearch=1

But that only 'solves' the blower motor problem, not the total housing problem.

Perhaps ask on Series boards for people who are breaking Discoveries to pinch the 200 motor for their Series vehicles.

HTH.

PS, Your profile doesn't say where in the world you are, so in reply to "Where is the best place to get one from?" no-one can give you the cheapest source, a local scrapper 'just up the road'.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=62485&view=getnewpost&hl=&fromsearch=1

But that only 'solves' the blower motor problem, not the total housing problem.

Perhaps ask on Series boards for people who are breaking Discoveries to pinch the 200 motor for their Series vehicles.

HTH.

PS, Your profile doesn't say where in the world you are, so in reply to "Where is the best place to get one from?" no-one can give you the cheapest source, a local scrapper 'just up the road'.

I like the idea of the up rated fan will it diffo do the disco? I dont mind modding it :-) - got the housing sorted - plastic weld it :-) lol

Im in Coleraine in Nothern Ireland.