Series One Improved Dashboard

TobyMellin

I was looking into doing the same a while back. Some people have fitted the defender Mud Console thing, they are about £30-40 depending on the large or small. They are not too hard to fit from what I have seen and look good (a few piccys on their site).

Click for topic

My current plan (when I have time) is to make a similar thing to the mud console, but using fibre glass and a little deeper so my cb can fit in it. I think its going to be a job for winter when I have the dash out to fix the heating...

The search function takes a little getting used to on this forum, it is not know for being great, took me about 10 mins to find it and it was my own topic!

Still, doesn't bother me much because this forum is invaluable for info/wisdom/stories ;)

Let me know how you get on, I still haven't started mine so might steal some ideas :P

i think i've decided on a mud pod.

not the cheapest, but looks very neat.

it's for a '91 v8. i'm looking to install:

water temp gauge

oil pressure gauge

possibly an ammeter

diff locker control swith

winch control switch

winch cut off switch

battery cut off switch

i'll try to remember to post pics when done!

i currently have a radio fitted which i use (although it only works through one speaker...)

i'll do some measuring up when i get one, but i'm not sure that two cut off switches would fit in the mud pod, along with all of the other instruments.

when i install a pair of uprated batteries inside the cab (where the rear bench should be), i may mount the cut off switches on one of the roll cage tubes close by. or possibly in a box mounted to the floor.