Parts book/manuals etc

James NZ

Hiya

I purchased the Rave CD when I got my '95 disco 1 to do my own servicing/repairs. The CD's not bad but I really need a parts book. I don't want to purchase a printed book because postage from the UK to New Zealand can be horrendous!

Whilst reading another thread here regarding tools I followed the link and ended up at Dingocroft web site. They appear to have the CD I want, http://shop.dingocroft.co.uk/acatalog/Books_and_Publications.html

I just wondered if anybody has any comments before I order?

Cheers, James NZ

You get a lot for your money. As your vehicle is obviously a 'keeper' you may well find the different bits and pieces interesting.

The CDs are copy protected, which means you have to have the CD in the drive while using it. You can copy the CD to a 'false' CD drive on your hard drive, but this only gives you a faster response while using the CD, as you don't have to wait for the physical CD drive to spin up just to change the page. However, the security check is still present, and you still have to have the physical CD in the physical drive.

Although, given your location, the CDs are good value for money, in the UK the Microcat software application would be the normal recommendation, and if you search on this site you should find threads about it, perhaps in the International Section, perhaps in the Technical Section.

Running that carries it's own challenges, but has it's own rewards, in that it covers other models so that you can get an idea of what might fit your car, etc.

How about THIS

I know its a book, but postage and packing is free to OZ, so should be the same for NZ :D

HTH

Tony

Thanks for your reply Tony. By the time I looked at this the listing had expired and was relisted but with postage now. With our exchange rate maybe I should look at it closer.

Cheers, James NZ

Hi Ches

I downloaded this and after a bit of a work around (my cd/dvd writer in the laptop died last weekend!) managed to get it installed. Had a look and found the door lock bits but couldn't find the bit I want. The drivers door unlocks but doesn't lock with the key (no alarm fitted). The bit I need is a grey circular disc bit thing. Any ideas?

Cheers, James NZ

Hi Ches

I downloaded this and after a bit of a work around (my cd/dvd writer in the laptop died last weekend!) managed to get it installed. Had a look and found the door lock bits but couldn't find the bit I want. The drivers door unlocks but doesn't lock with the key (no alarm fitted). The bit I need is a grey circular disc bit thing. Any ideas?

Cheers, James NZ

Hi James

Do you meen same as the Red bit HERE but in grey?

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony

Yes, sort off! I pulled the lock apart on Saturday and took a few pictures. The bit that is broken is the lock cylinder barrel as per photo 1. I also need the part number for the grey disc as per photo two. It has the following numbers on it - RH-R30168 >PPO-GF10<1. I presume the last bit is a manufacturing code, is R30168 a valid part number?

Photo three shows were it goes, the barrel had been removed at this point. Picture four shows the clips for the door trim, I need more of these.

Thanks for your help so far.

Cheers, James NZ

post-26315-053179300 1290976494_thumb.jpg

post-26315-027488300 1290976509_thumb.jpg

post-26315-077228600 1290976520_thumb.jpg

post-26315-029495600 1290976529_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...