Kangaroo 2a

the real muddy90

The missus has a 1970 2a swb petrol. We've been trialing it this year & it goes quite well considering it's bog standard!

On the road between 40=50mph it gets really 'jumpy' if I use too much throttle but is ok if I only use 1/4 throttle.

It only does it in 4th.

I changed the carb for a second hand 34ich :rolleyes: which improved it to where it is now (drove like a pig before!)& have striped the dizzy. New fuel pump.

I'm leaning towards the vacume advance perhaps? Any other ideas?

The missus has a 1970 2a swb petrol. We've been trialing it this year & it goes quite well considering it's bog standard!

On the road between 40=50mph it gets really 'jumpy' if I use too much throttle but is ok if I only use 1/4 throttle.

It only does it in 4th.

I changed the carb for a second hand 34ich :rolleyes: which improved it to where it is now (drove like a pig before!)& have striped the dizzy. New fuel pump.

I'm leaning towards the vacume advance perhaps? Any other ideas?

Take the dizzy cap off, then suck on the advance pipe and see if the points move..................

ps... that must be the fastest you've ever had it Rog...... and you only found that out cos you had to drive it home yesterday..!

I was going to suggest the fuel pump, but I see you have changed that (and checked the new one is flowing OK?).

Have you checked for any crud covered (hidden) in-line filters that may be blocked, restricting the flow?

Have you tried blowing back down the fuel line to the tank to 'open up' 40 years of crud around the pick-up pipe?

HTH