Center diff lock problem

unclebill

Help, had a new clutch fitted a while ago and afterwards found that under load it would jump out of low ratio, adjusted that and solved the problem but now center diff lock doesn't engage, any adjustments that i need, I know able engaging the fork in the transfer box on refitting and i'm hoping thats not the problem, so is there any adjustment that can be made.

Cheers for any help

Bill

The linkage on the side of the gearcase changed between early LT77 and R380.

The later ones are more sensitive to wear, which results in lost motion. There some adjustment of the pivot post - you need to take out the slack.

The lever does not positively lock the diff - it is engaged by a spring. If the switch for the difflock lamp is adjusted down too far, the spring does not have enough force to push past the switch, to lock the diff. The switch is on top of the front output housing, behind the diff lock lever.

have fun, took me a lot of fiddling to setup my linkage with the boxes off the car. you have to stick it all back together each time to test & its not the easiest thing in the word to get to.

in past i had the small 'C' shaped extenstion on the bottom of the early linkage partly snap. it looked ok but was losing loads of movement giving me no difflock. the part is cheap enough but i remember being in an odd place in the parts book. took me ages to find, bloke in the shop gave up & passed me the book as i knew what i was looking for.