what coils replace air bags???

frrfrr

I would fit the Disco ones because a factory coiler would have the self levelling unit and softer, progressive springs. All RRC had the SLU from 1970 onwards.

The Disco springs are designed for a car with a max load of something like 2,750kg so are firmer, but not too hard. I fitted them to our TDi coiler to improve it for towing.

• 3 weeks later...

My soft dash had police-spec rear spring fitted by the previous owner shortly before I bought it (along with DeCarbon dampers all round). He bought the front springs too, but didn't get around to fitting them, so it still has the original front springs (mine is not an SE, so thankfully never had EAS). The ride is comfortable but poised and the stance of the vehicle is perfect - it has a similar stance to a Sport, looking sprightly without looking tall. It also means the Boge strut is not having to do anything, and gets rid of that old-dog sag when parked up.