TD5 heater blows hot/cold

mikej

When i have my heater on full it blows hot for a short time then blows cold on checking water level it is low so top up and every thing ok for day or so then get a repeat of hot cold no water in oil and can not fnd any leaks any were can any one help with this problem thanks mike

Admittedly a 300TDi Disco 1, but I'd check your carpets! My interior heater was leaking! (And I cooked the engine!)

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Peter i have just had new matrix fitted admittedly it had to go back 5 times as kept leaking but ok now carpets dry .

thanks mike

That's good to know!

Again, not a Land Rover, but I had a water leak in another 4x4 that I couldn't trace (no emulsifying of the oil). In the end it turned out to be a small split in a water pipe that wasn't obvious when it was ticking over and only appeared when the pipe moved (when the engine was under load). The problem was it only happened when the engine was hot and sprayed onto a hot engine where the evidence promptly evaporated!

So, the point of this ramble is that I suggest give it a good run, get it good and hot, then with the engine running, give all the water pipes a good tug and yank and see what happens!

Cheers

Peter