A leaky discovery,, no never!!!

dirtydisco

Rightio,, ive got abit of a leaky discovery,, usual boot issues, sorted them, wet headlining about windscreen, sorted that but my passenger footwell is getting wet..

Now ive sorted the leak through the bulk head behind the windscreen washer bottle.

The water is running down the side of the footwell about 1inch in from the door frame, i took the plastic trim off the pillar to see if it was coming in from the top of the screen and running down that but it was bone dry.

Ive taken the wing off and cant see anything.

Im so close to going "Gazzoooks" * and taking the dash board out to properly have a look.

Any sensible ideas?

cheers

Edited by Hybrid_From_Hell
* anglosaxon edit function

My totally and utterly rotten disco1 is also non sunroof!

You wont see it with the wing off mate, its behind the windscreen rubber. If you have the 4 part rubbers and bonded screen be seriously careful! I destroyed my rubbers getting them out and they are nearly £300 for the set :(:blink:

The other way to spot it, is unfortunately with the dash out!

I would be almost certain this is the fault you are describing as you could see water marks down the side of the A-post on mine.

I have since removed all the corking, cut away the rusty rotten muck and welded in new metal and fully welded the hole shut, problem gone (I hope)!

As Im giving mine a full resto all these little holes that they filled with cork are gradually going to be cleaned up, repaired and fully welded shut!

Good luck!

• 4 months later...

Horah for a search engine that works!!!!!

This is my problem, described to a T. I will try removing the plastic below the screen (and behind the bonnet) in the vague hope that I can get to the problem area. Pity its raining so hard at the moment though!!!! :rolleyes:

Rightio,, ive got abit of a leaky discovery,, usual boot issues, sorted them, wet headlining about windscreen, sorted that but my passenger footwell is getting wet..

How did you resolve the windscreen/headlining leak? Mine leaks and just trickles down the inside of the screen in heavy rain/pressure washing conditions. I think it is simply the windscreen seal being cr*p, but I did try sealing it all along and it made no difference. Next step might be to seal the screen side (rather than the body side).

Scott

• 5 months later...

My footwell has been getting wet. peeled back the 4 piece window rubber (very carefully) and at the bottom of the screen a slight crack was there on both sides, so i filled it with a load of silicone sealant and so far so good......guess time will tell how long it lasts, but if that is the problem and lashing of sicaflex (spelling) will be in there :i-m_so_happy:

• 9 months later...

My footwell has been getting wet. peeled back the 4 piece window rubber (very carefully) and at the bottom of the screen a slight crack was there on both sides, so i filled it with a load of silicone sealant and so far so good......guess time will tell how long it lasts, but if that is the problem and lashing of sicaflex (spelling) will be in there :i-m_so_happy:

Not sorted it still getting wet, very wet with all this rain we just had. Peeled the windscreen seal off on the black bits (in line with windows) filled that with tiger grip but still wet, so now i guess its dashboard out time .....more hassle :(

Not sorted it still getting wet, very wet with all this rain we just had. Peeled the windscreen seal off on the black bits (in line with windows) filled that with tiger grip but still wet, so now i guess its dashboard out time .....more hassle :(

Sorted it i think ??? it was the rubber seal thingy that the wires go through the bulkhead water was coming in through there, sealed it up yesterday looked at it tonight and water was being held at the bulkhead and footwell was dry :o)

Sorted it i think ??? it was the rubber seal thingy that the wires go through the bulkhead water was coming in through there, sealed it up yesterday looked at it tonight and water was being held at the bulkhead and footwell was dry :o)

Have got same thing, thanks for posting your solution :i-m_so_happy: