Hinges on rear door

DiscoHere

It is possible to replace the pins but you will need a source of heat (oxy/accet worked for me) a punch of the right size, a large hammer and someone else to hold the punch in case you miss with the hammer....... :lol:

Much easier and safer to replace hinge..

Bob

Hi Guys

My rear door is a little off liine and not closing as easily as it used to. I think the reason is wear in the hinges. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the pins in them or should I replace the hinges themselves?

Hugh

There is "some" adjustment possible - at both the hinge side - and the latch (locking side).

The 2 x door hinges are bolted to free-floating steel plates. The idea... loosen all 6 bolts - enough to free up the hinges - but keep them attached to the car. You then need someone to hold up the boot door - whilst you re-tighten the hinges bolts. It will take alot of experimentation - but you should be able to improve things...

If that doesn't work... you can also adjust the latch bolt (it is also mounted on a floating plate).

Cheers

Nick