Series 88' sides and Roof on a modified 110 pick up

Hi all,

I have just bought a Defender 110 200tdi pick up (with no roof). I am interested on modifying it to put a 90 SW type back and a modified defender door that will swing up - giving me a large covered storage area as well as a bit of an external tub for throwing garden rubbish etc when going down the tip. Does anyone know if a Series 88' Safari Roof (the crazy dual skin ones) and sides, has the same width sides and roof as a Defender (not worried about the length). Also is there any difference in rear door width/shape? Also what about differences in side windows?

Would appreciate any insight into doing this as want to get it up and running and Series roofss and sides seem more abundant than 90 sides and roofs.

Cheers,

James

roof won't fit as the roof shape around windscreen is different, you can use a 90 roof instead, 88SWB Series side panels & the rear door from any hardtop or station wagon can be converted to do what you want, though a lift up top tail door does exist, they are hard to find on 90 or 110's, more common on Series LR's & would probably be easier to fit.

converting a side hinge rear door to top part lift up door