modular rim damage prevention...

TobyMellin

i went to a pay & play day yesterday at a quarry, and i've managed to bend part of the outer lip on two of my modular wheels.

one of them now looses air (i don't run tubes).

i was wondering if anything could be done (to the wheels) to help prevent damage to the outer lips.

i don't really want to fit bead lock rings, as i use the truck everyday on the road.

thanks.

that's a bit more like it!

are they welded on similar to bead lock rings? if so, could i just use a set of bead lock rings instead?

i agree, the lip is pretty vulnerable on mods.

i only bought them at christmas (low offset 16x8s) so i'll be keeping them for a while.

that's a bit more like it!

are they welded on similar to bead lock rings? if so, could i just use a set of bead lock rings instead?

i agree, the lip is pretty vulnerable on mods.

i only bought them at christmas (low offset 16x8s) so i'll be keeping them for a while.

yes there welded on the same way as beadlock rings, you could use a set of bead lock rings, but if you just want rock rings it would be far cheaper to get a set cut, or cheaper still just get some 12mm bar rolled into a ring and weld that to the rim, thats basically how the "rolled" lip is done a new mach5 rims.