TD5 Roof on a 200tdi

Hi guys,

Sorry in advance for all the questions. I am busy trying to get together all the bits for my 110 project, it's going to be a bit different.

I am planning on putting a 90 roof on the 110 and am in the process of getting sides and roof, not wanting a CSW but want more than a single cab in terms of secure space, and I need a handy tub at the back.

I already have a second set of end capping and will be putting these on in the correct position (and fabricating some ali to finish off the back) in due course. The overall plan is to then cut a Defender door up and have it swing up like an old Series Cat Flap door.

Anyway, thats the plan. What i need to know is:

Can you put a defender td5 roof and sides on a 200tdi body? Also, are there any difference between the sides I need to know about? Also I have the windscreen surround but it's not on the truck yet. Does anyone know if there is a difference between a 200tdi and td5 windscreen as I am not sure what it is at the moment (picked up someone else's project)?

Thanks in advance.

Promise to post some photos if this plan comes together :D

Cheers,

James

AFAIK the windscreen frme is common to all 90/110/130's regardless of age, roof attachment is bolts/nuts so shouldn't be any great problem with that, shape hasn't changed,the attachments to the bulkhead changed from the hinges to solid parts, later vehicles [300tdi onwards] can't fold the screen down on to the bonnet.

90 blank [hardtop/van] side panels are longer than 110 station wagon or utility models, 110 uses the same panels as the 88" SWB Series 2 & 3 LR's

I am planning on putting 90 van sides on so length should be correct. Thanks for the response, very promising, something is finally going my way :D

Next week I have the fun task of cleaning down the old 110 tub inside and out to get ready to put the brackets on. It's due to rain and it's out in the garden under a party tent :S

What we do for our landies eh?