I think I cooked my compressor

NegevLandRover

I think my 220V compressor, in the garage for LR related things,has partialy ceased after running dry (don't ask). The oil tank was pretty much empty and when I switch it on it turns over a couple of times and then stops and then the overload switch switches it off. If I persevere I can eventually get it going (switch it on and off several times untill it builds up momentum)but as soon as it reaches a full tank and switches off it refuses to start again - same symptoms as when I first switch it on.

Is this easily repaired ? What will I need - piston rings, seals ?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

TIA

Adam

No hiss. Even when empty it will not come on for more than a second or two. After refilling with oil and getting it to run and then leaving it a few days it seems better but the air comming out of the tank has a deffinite smell of oil.

Adam

Thanks for that - I'll get started in the morning. I hope I can find the parts.

It's one of those weeks - one of my LRs had two electric fires and is in pieces while we try and figure out what led to what and why. At the moment more questions than answers and a whole lot of damage to prove it all.

It never rains - it just poors !!!

Adam