AUtobox Disco II TD5

larsg

My Disco runs only in revers mode and indicates electric failure (M+S flashing as well as indicator lights at the shifter), sohuld not an electric failure make me able to run in 3rd "limp home mode", i.e. it is my autobox that is broken, the A clutch, not?

Does a switch off restart sort out the flashing m and s lights if so first sign of a flat battery then it could be the xy switch on gbox should have some stored codes get them read hawkeye will read them nanocom will not read autobox or textbook or autologic but these are usually dealer kit

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ive a 03 td5 auto it was my loom from the ecu the engine management , its taken 11mths to find the fault do you get the "m" and "s" light flash then its defaulted? i had that had the xyz switch changed then noticed it still defaulted but without flashing..................... reason the wiring had shorted and every so often it will default.

i do hope this helps as i know what a pig it can be oh by the way its £204 to replace !!!!!! you could also look at the wiring from the plug on the xyz sometimes shorts

• 3 weeks later...

My Disco runs only in revers mode and indicates electric failure (M+S flashing as well as indicator lights at the shifter), sohuld not an electric failure make me able to run in 3rd "limp home mode", i.e. it is my autobox that is broken, the A clutch, not?

Hi mate i hope this helps had same problem flasing m &s lights defaulting into 3rd , solution after 16 mths of this fault ????the euc under the passenger seat changed and no more problems hope this helps