Discovery "jump jet"

kevin31031961

Hi everyone i have a Disc td5 on 03 plate , the heater when turned on sounds like a Harrier jump jet taking off ? why i have no idea, has anyone else had this problem

The sound is incredible on 1 its tollerable on full you cannot here your self speak { slight exageration} but it makes the same sound as your Hoover at home blows walm air and cold but what a racket

any ideas.

One other problem every so often i get the hill descent traction control and abs lights come on ?? reset and everything ok for a while

thanks

I have had this exact problem. Remove the card panel from under the glove box and you will see the heater motor. Remove the 3 screws and unplug the cable and the motor will come out. You will probly find leaves in there, and as the fan spins they stick to the one side and throw it off balance. While i had mine out i stripped the motor out of its case and greased the bearings, now its silent on full power.

Hope this helps

Mark

I have had this exact problem. Remove the card panel from under the glove box and you will see the heater motor. Remove the 3 screws and unplug the cable and the motor will come out. You will probly find leaves in there, and as the fan spins they stick to the one side and throw it off balance. While i had mine out i stripped the motor out of its case and greased the bearings, now its silent on full power.

Hope this helps

Mark

Hi my thanks that would seem to be the problem i'll let you know but thanks