Turbos

Phil B

Well as far as I can tell my turbos cabbaged, excessive smoke, jaff all power, poor mpg and the fact the shaft moves excessively, a mates bringing one over to sort me out but it got me thinking what's available? Vnt, service exchange, hybrids etc etc who does em what the prices are and if the truck can cope with the changes, I know I won't get a rocket but I wouldn't mind a reasonably

Economical lugger for towing 3.5t of Cows without kickin up a fuss... Either that or I get a td5 lol

I guess there are two options. Fit a std one, get a better intercooler and turn up the volume a bit on the fuel pump, or get a VNT, the first of which is going to be available "soon" from IRB Developments - not sure "how soon" as I have been waiting for a while :) I think Ian said that the prototype has been done but it was not ready for production just yet but that was last year sometime. For more details see http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=62374