Defender 90 tub rot. Repair?

I have had my Defender 1 month now. Although I expected that a 1996 90 would probably have a rotten chassis I did hope that most of it would be ok. The rear cross member has been replaced and it has had other bits at the rear patched. Today I found more that needs doing just in front a previous patch, so I need to get a MIG and learn to weld. I know that I will eventually fit a new galzanised chassis, but I want to get the mechanics up to scratch first.

IMG_0213.jpg

I did not expect though that the body would be so bad, lots of corrosion on the alloy too. Can the longitudinal supports in the rear tub be replaced easily? The rear floor has rotted through in just a couple of small holes so that needs to be replaced too. Is it a job to be done with the tub off? Or is it even scrap? Are the cross members steel? I have only ever done mechanical stuff before, never body work or welding so any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_0209.jpg