Engine repositioning

vinny

Im planning on building a trials 90 and want to fit a v8 as far back in the chassis as possible. How far back can I go and still use std props? Or would I be better getting a rear prop made with longer splines to keep as much articulation as possible.

Cheers

Vinny

the problem is with 90's the rear prop is short std already

I moved my td5 auto back 2 inches and that had a massive effect on the yokes of the prop

I did have 15" travel shocks on which gave massive droop but took the prop to the max working angle ( 30 degree yokes long slip )

So just pay attention to how short you actually go

• 1 month later...

When we Swopped the 2.5 d for a V8 we used a conversion plate to mate it to the lt77 and had to trim the bulkhead to get the manifolds in, this gives you the engine back as far as it can go with the gearbox and tranybox in original position so no messing with props.

Jon

what you done now its auto jon, a lt box isnt exactly a good idea with a v8 is it.

i snapped mainshafts with a 200tdi

dan

The transfer and gearbox are in the original position and the engine has gone forward, so it should be the same as the 50th/NAS spec auto 90s. We gave it some stick with the lt and nothing went bang, but not sure how long for. The clutch was knackerd after only a few events.

Jon