Td5 auto towing with

Dannytd5

I've got a boat to move in the next couple of weeks the size is just over 30ft long about 8th wide and about 12ft high pritty big lol

It's on a twin axle trailer and it's got the 3.5 ton hitch like used on ifor trailers it's not a home built trailer so I'm goin to assume it's goin to be pritty heavy too approx 3-3.5 ton

What I want to know is the td5 auto box up to it and the next thing is do you think it's safe as to me it's a bit big to be towed behind a car/landrover

I've got a boat to move in the next couple of weeks the size is just over 30ft long about 8th wide and about 12ft high pritty big lol

It's on a twin axle trailer and it's got the 3.5 ton hitch like used on ifor trailers it's not a home built trailer so I'm goin to assume it's goin to be pritty heavy too approx 3-3.5 ton

What I want to know is the td5 auto box up to it and the next thing is do you think it's safe as to me it's a bit big to be towed behind a car/landrover

assume you have a disco 2 td5 auto. it will tow 3.5 tonne. you can use the 3rd gear lock up for slow speed towing, will lock at 45mph not 50ish as in top. you could also use low range for steep stuff and manouvering. make sure the engines in tip top condition aswell as the box

Depending on what sort of boat it is that could be anywhere between about 2 and 10 tons!

You should check the dimensions and towing restrictions - large RIBs are pushing the boundaries of the allowable width and sometimes you have to deflate the tubes to remain within the law, what sort of boat is it?

It's like a twin deck cruser I've looked at the max size and it's just in them it just looks big next to the disco

It's also fitted with a 5.7 v8 and a twin prop thing but on a single leg

You have said what I half thought use 3rd gear lock up don't use 4th I've also thought about taking the big spot lamps off to get lots of air to the rad