86" gearbox mounts

nwfr1

Well I have a lovely pile of new mountings/rubbers for my 86" gearbox, how the hell do they go together????? Picture from manual not a help at all and of course someone stripped the old mountings and chucked them! Thanks in anticipation.

Big washer, then large rubber. Gearbox mount then goes on with the spacer tube passing through to the chassis. On top of the gearbox mounting then goes the small shim washer, small rubber, rubber washer, steel washer, spring washer, bolt (which passes through everything to the chassis. The idea is that the gearbox mount is sandwiched between the two rubbers (the larger one underneath beacause of the weight of the gearbox). The gearbox is then insulated against all but the two rubbers, and can move up and down the spacer tube a small amount when moving.

Les.

• 3 weeks later...

Big washer, then large rubber. Gearbox mount then goes on with the spacer tube passing through to the chassis. On top of the gearbox mounting then goes the small shim washer, small rubber, rubber washer, steel washer, spring washer, bolt (which passes through everything to the chassis. The idea is that the gearbox mount is sandwiched between the two rubbers (the larger one underneath beacause of the weight of the gearbox). The gearbox is then insulated against all but the two rubbers, and can move up and down the spacer tube a small amount when moving.

Les.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr ............. yep think I've got it! Many thanks Les.