300tdi gearbox mount

ill add some more detail to the picture

its a b reg 110 fitted with a 300tdi which had a lt77 fitted to it using a discovery bellhousing to put the engine in the correct possition. however this box has failed "what a shocker" and i can get a r380 to replace it.

so does the mounts for the r380 pick up on the 3 holes either side of the chassis that the lt77 mounted to or have i got some fab work to do?

cheers craig :)

I think but not sure that the lt77 had a round cross member, the r380 is square but as far as I know the holes for fitting are the same. you may need new mounting brackets though.

I have listed some pics below of an r380 mount - hope you can get some info from it. Not the best pics but all I have.

Frax ;)

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

It looks like it is all one part; I did remove one from an LT77 box last year and as far as I remember it was two parts. The cross member was round and the box mounts were separate. I will be taking the R380 one out but it will be about 3 weeks before I get that done as I am going away today for two weeks. If you have not got the info you need by then I will be in a better place to help.

As for the mounting holes, They look the same on the chassis.

Regards

Frax ;)