nearly mot'd

monkeyb0y

Failed on front number plate delaming and to front nearside draglinks ... one behind axel attached to steering damper and one at front of axel attached to steering box...I've got 2 new ones...the old ones are very dry and rusty/ flakey..any tips for getting them off ... I haven't got serious heat...only a blow lamp....

It's looking like a bitch job with the corrosion but I'm over the moon....

Cheers

Rich

Blowlamp will do. Put loads of WD40 on it before you start.

I take the link right off then put one end in the steering box and rest the other end on a brick, then grasp it with Stilsons and get mad with it.

i have snapped the thread bit off a balljoint once, so make sure you grip the body of the balljoint not the spindle.

I've only ever had 1 that wouldn't come off but TBH a new drag link is £20, on the RRC/Disco you also need thew adjuster peice which , oddly, costs more :huh:

Well I'm gutted...8 hours on it and can't shift it ..and its chewed up the pipe.... :(

Bang goes the day trip to sea side tommorow...

I wouldn't ave wanted to drive it as it was anyway....the worst thing is its the 800mm or so front pipe with ball joints both ends which I have new.. I could of brought the tube today for 25 quid and a short trip to cov...

A new day tommorow and ill re-evaluate...