Disco 2 snorkel

Dannytd5

I'm looking into getting a snorkel the thing is I can't decide which one

Southdown I'm not keen on as its the stainless tube puts me off

The mantec one I can see looking tatty after a few months metal tube and paint chips

Safai lookalike now I can see this just sticking rain water down your air intake as the top horn is fixed to it

Safai snorkel now my problem with that is some tea leaf nicking the top

Now what I want it for is not really deep water wading I want it just incase I get it wrong and it's deeper than I thought

So other than breather pipes what else do I need to move / silicone up

Holes in the bottom of the air box (theres a smaller hole you can't see, but fill your box with water and watch it pour out from the front/middle as you look in).

I wouldn't bother doing deep wading though, if you get it wrong you should have checked first (send your mate in first ;) ). I think a snorkel might give a false confidence.

Regarding the breathers, don't bother with the rear axle as tis is already nice and high behind the rear lights. I'd route all my other breathers back there if I was doing it again.

Personnally I would go for another Southdown one if I was to change from my D1 to a D2. I think the stainless pipe looks very smart and the overall setup is very snugg and extremely strong when it comes to pushing branches and stuff out of the way on lanes! It also seems to age well, mines been on there 2 years and looks as good as when I got it.

HTHs

Ryck