Burnt Land Rover

... Is there a chance the wreck was moved by someone to make it easier to pass? quite unlikely I know.

It's a reasonable question, but in my view it was unnecessary to move it so far.

post-118-0-91197400-1306246427_thumb.jpg

Look in this picture where the track disappears at the horizon behind the cars, now look to the left of that point where you will see the grass lined horizon rising to the left. This is where a track* comes down from the left, creating a wide area where it would be easy to leave the vehicle with space to drive round without risk. It's also a space where a recovery vehicle could turn round, after driving in from Rowland, so the wreck could have been loaded and taken back through Rowland.

This recovery is what I'd thought had happened when I first found the wreck had disappeared from the burn site.

*The track is not shown on current 1:50k maps, but does appear on 1:25k maps, going to an old quarry. The track is not a right of way.

Two other views taken after the wreck had been moved, both showing the debris trail, and the last one just shows the point the tracks meet.

post-118-0-40870000-1306246780_thumb.jpg post-118-0-58663800-1306246839_thumb.jpg

HTH

It's a reasonable question, but in my view it was unnecessary to move it so far.

post-118-0-91197400-1306246427_thumb.jpg

Look in this picture where the track disappears at the horizon behind the cars, now look to the left of that point where you will see the grass lined horizon rising to the left. This is where a track* comes down from the left, creating a wide area where it would be easy to leave the vehicle with space to drive round without risk. It's also a space where a recovery vehicle could turn round, after driving in from Rowland, so the wreck could have been loaded and taken back through Rowland.

This recovery is what I'd thought had happened when I first found the wreck had disappeared from the burn site.

*The track is not shown on current 1:50k maps, but does appear on 1:25k maps, going to an old quarry. The track is not a right of way.

Two other views taken after the wreck had been moved, both showing the debris trail, and the last one just shows the point the tracks meet.

post-118-0-40870000-1306246780_thumb.jpg post-118-0-58663800-1306246839_thumb.jpg

HTH

I have noticed on many occassions, the recovery guys seem to leave half the car behind when they are sent to clear it up.

A few weeks ago a car hit a telegraph pole on a back road near my home. The car was picked up quick enough, but they chose to leave the entire front bumper in the ditch, along with a coil spring. This kinda pees one off just as much as do people that abandon stuff as described above.