disco 300 auto engine into 300 manual help needed

hi lad need you help my mates disco 300tdi auto box has gone not selecting reverse

and my defender 300tdi engine has gone.Looking to buy a auto 300 disco and break it

i would be keeping the engine with my engine could i make this fit my r380 manual

and would i need to swop the timing housing over ????????

any help welcome kris

having converted a manual disco to auto in the past

youll need to swap over the flywheel housing from your engine, along with the flywheel and fit a spigot bearing into the crank as the auto crank hasnt got one fitted otherwise its pretty easy to do

having converted a manual disco to auto in the past

youll need to swap over the flywheel housing from your engine, along with the flywheel and fit a spigot bearing into the crank as the auto crank hasnt got one fitted otherwise its pretty easy to do

as said pretty straight forward as you will all of the parts, good luck with it & just take your time

John

I believe you would have to swap the injector pumps unless you want to mess with the electronics of the auto engine set-up and transfer those over at the same time. It would be a good time to replace the belt anyway.

You will need to swap the exhaust manifold and turbo also as the Disco has the turbo in a different place than the Defender.

Steve