200tdi fuel pump

hi hope some one can help i would like to adjust the fuel screw on my 2ootdi fuel pump but the metal sleve that is tacked on is stoping me haw do i remove this can i remove the screw right out of the pump or do i have to do this on the pump im not brave enough just to unscrew it and find out hope this makes sence to some one many thanks. tom

hi thanks for getting back to me if you look on the page you advised me to look at and go the diograms at the bottom and read the txt on haw to adjust the fuelscrew it might make sence ive probly miss understood it thanks for you help.tom

hi thanks for getting back to me if you look on the page you advised me to look at and go the diograms at the bottom and read the txt on haw to adjust the fuelscrew it might make sence ive probly miss understood it thanks for you help.tom

That link really could do with updating so it reads better! Its a shame that the diagrams are all gone from the text and many of the links dont work anymore.....

Have a read of the attached pdf. It will help you understand the pump completely and explain where the bits are and what they do. Mark and record everything you change so that you can put it back to the way it is now.

tdi pump tuning.pdf