Electric window conversion

barmy

Hi there,

This might be a silly question but has anyone done or looked into converting the electric windows (especially the passenger front) to manual similar tothe ones in the rear seats?

I notice a lot of complaints regarding the electric window cables / regulator and I have replaced one regulator and 2 sets of cables previously. My latest attempt has failed as I believe the window is too tight in the runners for the regulator to work properly so i have disabled the regulator and left the window up.

Thanks

Simon

this could only be done if land rover ever made a freelander with manual windows which im not sure they did. if they did, all the securing holes for the ratchet would have been pressed into the door inner panel so would be easy. if they never made a manual one you would somehow have to butcher the motor. have never looked at mine but repaired my saab electric window, and when assembled is very hard to turn.