My build Thread, Finally have it running

Muddy 1

Having decided to squirt my 3.9 hybrid last year, I forked out for a ready built Squirt from a very well known supplier. Being very new to squirting and ecu's as a whole, I spoke with the guy in length and decided on a MS2 extra that ran off the Dizzy and controlling the famous RV8 stepper motor. All seemed good when it arrived with lovely diagrams etc. After fitting it I couldn't get it to run, it wasn't seeing a spark input, Sent the ECU and dizzy back off to the builder, who hadn't built it for my needs wasn't sensing the input. Refitted everything and turned the key it ran and tickover was 3000 rpm... After many emails back and forth to this supplier ( not once did he offer speaking to me direct). I lost faith and turned to Nige for help, he restored my faith in megasquirting also emptied my Wallet :) having sent the ecu to Nige he gave me a breakdown of what was done to me Ecu saying it didn't last 5 mins on a loaded sim, basically the ecu was rebuilt to a far better level of workmanship.

So the build started again

Goodbye Lucas

IMG_0350.jpg

fitting the tooth wheel

IMG_0360.jpg

Edis being wired in (yes I know it's in the engine bay this isn't a offroad motor ;) )

IMG_0345.jpg

Coil packs in

IMG_0344.jpg

New idle control

IMG_0346.jpg

my dinky one

IMG_0343.jpg

Ecu Under dash

IMG_0362.jpg

All done ready for test drive

IMG_0351.jpg

Here's my baby it has been lowered since the photo

lucy.jpg

So today was my first drive using Nige's base map which was well over fueled after 15 mins logging got it down to something better, and did another 15 min drive and found a bit more smoothness.

Then I did A long drive really trying to hit everything and got this :)

Screen1.png

132 out of 144 good going I thought and with 134 cell weight.

I can't see myself driving around again without the laptop in it.

Many Thanks to Nige a very patient man, and I haven't forgot your exchange dizzy It'll be in the post this week ;)

So after a 4 month period of emails and phone calls I'm up and running with a happy motor.

Well done Muddy for sticking with it. You will have the MegaSquirt neck crick as you will all ways looking at the lap top. laugh.gif

Ha ha I now see what you mean! 5 logging runs in and I'm starting to get it! Becoming better every drive apart from the wallet.