Rear corner strips and mounting the lights

Due to the normal rust I have brought some replacement corners for my defender from Lucy at Challenger4x4, put the right one on yesterday but have an issue as the holes to fit the lights in are much bigger and do not have the screw-holes (cannot anyway as too big) Challenger guy says he has no idea (will speak to Paul later) so any ideas guys, should the new bits come with inserts to allow fitting of the lights, I could make some brackets but don't really want the hassle.

Sounds like you have early lights and later panels. When the 300TDi Defender was introduced they changed the lights and electrical system from bullet connectors with trailing leads from the lamps to a plug in connector and bulb holder in the back of the lamp. The later type are a larger diameter.

You'll need to get the earlier panels or convert to later style lights.

Well after another wasted trip to see Lucy, they are ordering me (hopefully) the correct ones as cheaper than buying new lights as they don't come with the connectors apparently. real bugger as I didn't notice the lights didn't fit until after I had riveted one of these on!