TD4 Head Gasket Thickness?

kiwi_110

At some stage in the not-too-distant future, I'm going to have to do the head gasket on the TD4. OAT coolant seepage noted along the front joint between head and block but no oil or coolant cross contamination yet. It's done over 200,000 km's so I'm not surprised. What I want to know is, how can I tell which thickness of head gasket I need, so I can order one now and have it ready for when I pull the thing to bits?

I know the TD4 gaskets have thickness identification holes in them. Can these holes be seen on a factory gasket in-situ? Where are they?

Thanks, Ray.

Ok, thanks Western, looks like I won't be able to see them untill the head is off. I was hoping they would be on a tab sticking out a bit. Pity, as it may mean I have to get a couple of them in and hope one is correct, as I can't have The Freebster off the road for more than a day or two.

Ray.