Receiver Hitch Anti rattle

Hi Guys,

My 2" receiver hitch rattles just a little, looking around in the US I can get a device just to tighten it, however as is the case sometimes with low value items it will cost me £11 to buy but nearly £30 to ship to the UK, I am working on a project in Germany for the next few weeks so will not be over in the US now for at least a couple of months so does anyone know:

• Someone who could knock one up for me in the UK?
  • Could it be done for less than £42 or am I better to just buy one?

Cheers, Jason.

post-15513-0-81942600-1306430613_thumb.jpg

Jason, can't you just drill and tap a hole in the side of the receiver square. An M10 screw or two in there should add just enough pressure to elimate the slack.

My receiver I made is built from 1/2" plate (Nige would be proud :lol: ), so plenty thick enough for a tapped hole. How thick are the bought ones?

Great Idea, I will take a look and see if I can add a bolt to the underside which should do the job the brought one is around 1/2" plate hopefully that will do the job.

Cheers, Jason.

Jason, can't you just drill and tap a hole in the side of the receiver square. An M10 screw or two in there should add just enough pressure to elimate the slack.

Mine has a similar arrangement, no rattles so far. :)

(Circled below)

P10207961024x768.jpg

Modchop is that a Terrafirma hitch, or something else?

I really like the idea of these but ~£200 for the Terrafirma model plus a tow bar plus a recovery hitch is a bit too much for my tastes sad.gif

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt

I bought it from Safari-Equip back in 2009, it seems a well made bit of kit, I paid around £125 for it as a 'cash' deal at the Peterborough show.

http://www.safari-equip.co.uk/index.php?page=23

Cheers.