Is this the end of the road ?

61a

Following the difficulty I recently had changing gear I changed the gearbox oil and bled the clutch hoping for some improvement.

However, the gear changes are still a bit hit and miss and more worryingly now when reversing it feels like the gears are locking up !!!

Beginning to wonder whether the repair is going to cost more than the old girl is worth . Bit of a shame because after 5 years its never let me down and with only 167,000 miles on the clock the engine has loads of miles left in it.

Jules :unsure:

I think that maybe an option. Off to see a friendly local garage tomorrow ,have known the owner for years, so hopefully will get some idea of what is the likely problem. Hopefully something simple and cheap !!!!!! Always been an optimist. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Gearbox off yesterday hoping I might find a problem with the clutch. No such luck definitely the gearbox the output shaft has loads of excess movement both side to side and can be pulled forward about 10mm . Still think its worth fixing despite age and a bit of rot on the nearside sill. :unsure:

Its been recycled .

£300 for a secondhand gearbox/transfer box with 70,000 miles on it . A few hours help from a friend and its off again.

In fact the gear change is better than its ever been in the five years I've owned it.

Now I just need to weld up the sills for the MOT !!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)