Occasional Warm Start issues

V8 Freak

I'd like to ask the learned people of this forum for some advice / start points to look for.....

Since fitting MS I've had a very happy truck, starting first time on the key every time.... Until yesterday...

Nothing changed for months, except the weather maybe....

Yesterday I popped to a local car dealer to look for a car for my daughter. The Truck was mostly up to temp, probably 70 - 80 degrees. I stopped there for maybe 5 minutes having a quick look at the cars and when I tried starting the truck... It span, and span and didn't fire into life...

I could smell unburnt fuel and it was all reminicent of a flooded carb situation I used to suffer in cars 20 - 30 years ago....

A similar situation happened earlier this morning and then once again this afternoon, but the third time the truck was at full operating temperature and only switched off for a few minutes at best.

The system won't permit me to attach an .MSQ file or .Zip file so PM me if you would like me to send the current MSQ file for a look over it....

Where would you recommend I look first ??

Neil

Hi Jeff,

The original MSQ file came from the reprobate we know and love as HFH the body destroyer....

Originally written for a 3.9, I amended the timing map to be less aggressive after quite a lot of reading engine on the needs of the 4.6.

Most main settings remained unchanged and then run through Tunerstudio for several hundred miles...

It runs real sweet.

Neil