UK Coast to Coast

Se7enUp

I meant to post this up around a month ago but forgot :huh:

The week prior to the Royal Wedding weekend, a group of Landy owning friends travelled from Whitby on the east coast to Seascale on the west, driving as many green lanes as we could.

On the way we took in the Yorkshire moors, Yorkshire dales and the lake district.

The vehicles on the trip consisted of the 2 x 300tdi 110's, a 300 tdi 90, a V8 50th Anniversary 90 and a very shiny Disco 3 :rolleyes:

It was a real adventure and by far the best Land Rover trip I've ever done!

Some of the lanes were quite challenging but all rewarded us with fantastic views as the weather was perfect throughout the trip!

The views around the lakes were amazing - I've never seen it so clear, the visibility really was as good as it gets.

We survived the trip with only a single casualty, one of the 110's developed a slight problem with it's transfer box so was sadly missing from the final photo shoot. All of the vehicles however made it home under their own steam!

As a Defender owner - I have to say, was really impressed with the D3. It seemed to make everything look easy and the only time it had any real problems, was fitting through some of the narrow gates on the lanes in the Lake district!

Anyway, here's a condensed video of the trip to give you a taster.

Enjoy

.....and yes, the union flag is upside down - I'm putting that down to the excitement of the royal wedding!

Don't forget the 1 day interloper - a Td5 90 !

^^^ :D ^^^

I couldn't forget you!

Your expert guidance over Breasthigh road made it one of the highspots of the trip!

I think Bernd has a video of that lane too ;)