Selling Defender Questions :(

ok its not all doom and gloom as i want a disco :)

my truck is lifted all the suspension done to it + winch and all that, is it worth me taking everything of rather had selling the truck on its own in its current state. It would be a fair bit of work. any opionions?? also is it easy to sell a standard defender compaired to one thats off road ready??

ok its not all doom and gloom as i want a disco :)

my truck is lifted all the suspension done to it + winch and all that, is it worth me taking everything of rather had selling the truck on its own in its current state. It would be a fair bit of work. any opionions?? also is it easy to sell a standard defender compaired to one thats off road ready??

I went through this myself recently, it all depends on whether the right purchaser is out there, i was lucky enough to showcase it on ebay and i got the right money for it complete, but i did have some riduculous offers that made me consider stripping the bits and selling it standard, i might have made a few more £££ this way but it would have been a lot of trouble and a bloody shame to break up my previous pride and joy.

In short keep your options open, set yourself a time limit based on need to get a new vehicle etc, if someone out there wants it they will pay the right money, would there be any mileage in asking for a swap, my impression is that lots of people would trade a disco for a defender.

Good luck.

General concensus is that a standard truck is easier to sell.

Also, you'll never redeem the value of all the extras if sold on the truck. So if you intend to trick up the Disco with similar kit, why not keep what you already have and save a good few £££? Suspension lift kit should all swap over.