defender TD5 with dicco td5 running gear

Help I am planning a new project and would appreciate any advice?

I am planning on buying a rusted out defender td5 and replacing the chassis with a new one. not new I hear you think, here is the twist. I wish to fit complete disco td5 running gear from ABS to ACE including the air suspension I know it has been done before as

when I worked at a land rover speclist near peterborough in the NENE valley!!!

they had one there for sale V8 unfortunatley. was wondering if anyone else had tried it since, if so what pitfalls other than the electronics! and air suspension. and will it be easier to strech the disco chassis or weld all the brackets to a new/good 110 chassis, or is there a company out there who will be able to make me a new one and galvanise it. ?

richards chassis or designa chassis maybe? it is just a thought as fully loaded discoveries are turning up dirt cheap in salvage yards now and decent td5 defenders are still fetching a mint. Thanks for any input you may have.

rear suspension on a D2 is completely different to any Defender, so on a new chassis you would have to specify the mounts for a D2 suspension, D2 chassis is a different unit too, might be easier to fit a Defneder body to a D2 chassis which has all the transmision/ABS/ACE already fitted.

I have done this with a comp safari motor - stretched D2 chassis with Series 1 107 LR spaceframe body. I used all the D2 wiring loom. I have not run it with air or ACE but all ECUs wiring etc is all in place just the air springs, rams and compressor missing.

Chris Bowler