Alloy Wheels

hissing sid

Hi,

Regarding Alloy wheels for Freelanders.

Will any other Landrover Alloy Wheels fit the Freelander. ie Disco, Range Rover?????

I"m looking for a set of Alloys for my 2001 TD4S and like some others on this site, I also bought a set of Alloys from an older Freelander only to find out, after travelling miles and miles to collect them that they didn"t fit. And if I do fit later 17" Freelander alloys will they affect my overall Speed, Economy etc??????

Any advice would be appreciated

Dave

This has been covered before, so a search will give you more detail, but in summary, NO. Neither the Defender/RRC/Disco1 wheels or P38/Disco2 wheels or Freelander 2 wheels will fit.

Later (ie 2000 on when they introduced the larger engines and therefore bigger brakes) Freelander 1 wheels will fit all Freelander 1s but the early won't fit later.

Cheers

Blippie

I have just been through a similar exercise for my 2006 Model Year Freelander to get some spare rims for winter etc use so being pedantic I did some research on part numbers so this may help you (they were mostly not right for 2006 Model Year!). Use the info at your own risk! The Freelander 1 wheels are 5 stud x 114.3mm (4.5") pitch centre diameter. Also be careful that the offset is correct - mine are ET46.0 but yours may be different. The model year is the key, so check your VIN number for the letter or number before the "A". Y = 2000 Model Year, 1 = 2001 Model Year, 2 = 2002 Model Year etc. Don't assume that registration year bears any relationship to Model Year....

You should have quite a choice secondhand for an earlier FL:

• Evolution P/N RRC002080MNH to VIN 5A999999
  • Freedom 6 Spoke P/N RRC114810MNH (with wheel alignment holes) to VIN 1A999999 or RRC002830MNH (less wheel alignment holes) from VIN 2A000001 to VIN 5A999999
  • Triple Sport P/N RRC114790MNH from VIN 1A000001 to 5A999999 (careful there was another P/N to VIN YA999999, presumably that was for the earlier smaller drums)
  • Trek P/N RRC002070MNH from VIN 2A000001
  • BBS Vortex Alloy P/N STC50398 to VIN 5A99999

All but the last are very common. They should all be 17x7.0J (that should be stamped on the wheel too).

If yours has alloys already, then just get some more with the same part number, all a seller has to do is look on the inside of the wheel to find it.

All these were for 225/55R17 tyres. You will have to determine the original spec, i.e. whether 97 or 101 load-rated. And don't forget - largest rolling circumference tyres (deepest tread) on the rear to avoid VCU wind-up, and don't mix Michelin Synchrones with Michelin Latitudes or you can get the same effect. I have not checked out 16" rims, all this only relates to 17".