Locking differentials

danebrewer

Have a Detgroit fitted to the rear of my 90 in a salisbury axle and I can say that its great! As said by Simon (obviously from experience of actually owning and driving one) you do have to get used to it and it can be fun if you play with it. Especially in the snow but its not a huge issue. On Off power you can feel the Landy drive through and tuck in around corners.

Be wary of those not knowing giving advice on how they lock and work because for many its seems to be very mis understood. kaiser and detroit work very similar way but the Kaiser is far softer engaging to my Knowledge. My brother just fitted one Friday evening in the rear of his disco. ATB are different talk to ashcroft and uprate your shafts if your fitting a true locker. Oh and Britpart £30 special salisbury shafts don't last a comp whereas copmpletly Shagg*d out Lr genuine (splines almost down to half a mm in the centre) have been fine and lasted several local comps. Now replaced with decent genuine LR shafts.

gonna hang on to my 1/2 shafts, CVs and diff centres for now just to get it on the road, but when I can I'll be upgrading and uprating! (but keeping the 90 looking stock though.... from the outside :D )

I need no introdustion to britpart stuff... it's rubbish. won't be buying from them unless there's absolutey no alternative!