auxillary lights problem

mikej

Hi i have a 2001 disco 2 a month ago i tried to use aux lamps on night run but not working checked fuses and bulbs . changed relay in engine compartment (R7)still not working also changed swith on dash no joy so ran live to bulb ok .called in at Landrover GL they checked all of same but could not give me clue to problem has any one idea how to fix problem begining to bug me know

thanks mike

Hi i have a 2001 disco 2 a month ago i tried to use aux lamps on night run but not working checked fuses and bulbs . changed relay in engine compartment (R7)still not working also changed swith on dash no joy so ran live to bulb ok .called in at Landrover GL they checked all of same but could not give me clue to problem has any one idea how to fix problem begining to bug me know

thanks mike

R7 in the engine compartment fuse box has nothing to do with Auxiliary Lights, it's the 'Auxiliary Circuits' relay, which controls power to ignition switched circuits.

Do you have Genuine Land Rover Auxiliary Lights fitted?

If so, you may have the troublesome control unit VUB501690 fitted, callout #3 in this diagram -

271.gif

VUB501690 is expensive to replace - http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xProd=134448

Unfortunately, replacing VUB501690 gives no guarantee of a trouble-free future :(

A cheaper, easier and longer lasting option is to replace the control unit with a relay.

See this write-up on how to do it, from Urban Panzer's website - http://www.discovery2.co.uk/spots.html