uj's and frunt hubs

paulsfj

Hi all yet another question

I think i need new uj's and maybe all the bits on the front as I'm getting a vibration and a noise like a worn bearing ,

so I'm thinking start with the uj's and going from there.

i have a 2" lift and i think this was the start off the problem , iv ordered a new set off standard springs to replace,

and wares the best place to get them from

any help would be appreciated

With a lift the gearbox UJ at rhe front often gives up, it will have started running at a higher angle then it is "used to" and they frequently fail. If so then start with another UJ, it may well be fine after that.

Has it had castor correction? if so then it really needs a Cardan jointed (TD5) prop.

If you want standard springs then that is a relatively simple choice, just buy decent ones.

With a lift the gearbox UJ at rhe front often gives up, it will have started running at a higher angle then it is "used to" and they frequently fail. If so then start with another UJ, it may well be fine after that.

Has it had castor correction? if so then it really needs a Cardan jointed (TD5) prop.

If you want standard springs then that is a relatively simple choice, just buy decent ones.

Hi and thanks for youe advice

when you say fron uj do you mean the front prop or the front end on the rear prop ??

I had my disco lifted 4" (+2 springs & +2 Blocks) and i had the same problem with the UJ's. As Range rover blues said it is often the front prop, but the rear uj (near the transfer box) that gives up first due to the angle. I now have it at +2 with a standard prop and havent had any problems for the last 10 months, but a double cardan prop is next on my shopping list. Personally if the springs are ok then leave them and just change the uj's in the front prop and go from there.

All the best

Matt.