Arrrgh - Help with routing of V8 Special Plug leads

Hybrid_From_Hell

With leads crossing unless you have some problem with the spark plug or lead then the spark is going to take the path of least resistance, which is designed to be the spark plug that the lead is connected to.

In water I think it is more likely that if a spark were to jump, it would probably jump to a nearby metal object like the rest of engine instead of going through another layer of insulation and another air gap at the end of spark plug to fire another spark plug.

Even if it did think that another spark plug on a crossed lead was the path of least resistance, then the spark will probably be weakened and we all know that a weak spark can cause a cylinder not to fire.

So I still think it is a neatness issue, but some of these designs with wires snaking all over the place are not neat in my mind.