Problem after head renovation and crankshaft fix

isbjorn

Hi.

Ive just remounted my head after a renovation and are having some problems starting the car. The engine rotates fine manually and all valves and pistons should be in the same positions as when I demounted her.

When I turn the ignition to the first step I get a fast blink of the dashboard lights and a quick click sound ( like a relay around the fuel regulator) then everything dies. I don't really know why, everything should be in its right places and plugged in.

What kind of checks do the td5 do when ignition is turned on?

thanks for any suggestions..

nope. I havent done either of them . To bleed the fuel system i need the pump to start working and it dont. It should start at ignition pos 1 but then we have the error described above. I haven't reset the rocker arm, didn't think that was needed. And does the td5 really check the gap when just turning on the ignition?

Im not even trying to rotate the engine, just get the first pos of ignition working. That is getting the diesel pump to run and the dashboard to lighten up...

thanks for the heads up on the rocker arm thou.