TDS Winch Drum

zim

Evening,

I've gone an bought a tds winch without a drum...i know i know....but it was ebay and easy LOL

Just curious if anybody would care to explain to me how the gearing attaches to it ? So i can think about whats involved in making one myself.

Any pictures would be great :)

Cheers

G

On one end there is a thing a bit like a dog clutch which engages with the gearbox. There Is a drive shaft which connects to the motor and passes through the centre of the drum, through the gearbox right to the other end of the winch. It connects via the brake assembly to a three or four stage planetary reduction.

It's actually quite an involved part to make on a whim. It would probably be cheaper to phone David Bowyer and ask for a spare. He keeps stacks of bits for them. Not that I want to dampen your creative & machining juces for a moment you understand!

I plan to make a freespool drum for them - but I have a few bits to make for it first. I've made a housing to mount a pair of motors on the other end of the gearbox which leaves the motor end free for the air fitting.

Si